The Effect of Airlines Delay Towards Customer Retention in Indonesian Low Cost Carrier

Muhamad Zidane Fathurahman, Andrea Permata Putri, Basri Fahriza, Rr ENDANG WAHYUNI, Asep Ali Thabah

Abstract


Delay is one of the possible problems faced in the aviation world; the airline’s company and the users of the company’s airline services will feel the effect of this delay. This research is aimed to find out the effect of airline's delay towards customer retention in indonesian low-cost carrier with a total of 120 respondents. There are two variables in this research, the first one is the airline’s delay as the independent variable and the second one is customer retention as the dependent variable. This research used a simple linear regression analysis with a quantitative approach. The result showed that there is an effect of airline's delay towards the customer retention and can be proved using simple linear regression (Y = 13.337 + 0.384X). It means that each increasing point of variable X (airline's delay) will affect variable Y (customer retention) which is 0.384 in 13.337 constants. Based on the result of correlation analysis, r = 0.476 shows that there is a medium correlation level between two variables. The determinant coefficient is 22.6% proved that airline’s delay has an affect of 22.6% on customer retention while the rest (77.4%) come from other factors. The result from hypothesis test is t count > t table or 5.875 > 1.980 it means there is a siganificant impact of variable X (airline’s delay) towards variable Y (customer retention).


Keywords


Airline’s Delay, Customer Retention, Low-Cost Carrier, Indonesia, Aviation

Full Text:

PDF

References


Astria Hijriani. (2016). Implementasi Metode Regresi Linier Sederhana Pada Penyajian Hasil Prediksi Pemakaian Air Bersih Pdam Way Rilau Kota Bandar Lampung Dengan Sistem Informasi Geofrafis. Jurnal Informatika Mulawarman, Vol. 11.

Fitantri, A., Madhani, A. I., & Widiastuti, S. (2017). Assessment Of Customer ’ S Satisfaction On Baggage Handling Service At Soekarno-Hatta International Airport, 147(Grost), 561–570.

Gifari, M. (2017). Hubungan Delay Karena Penanganan Flight Operation Dan Teknik Dengan On Time Performance Pada Maskapai Penerbangan Nam Air Di Bandar Udara Soekarno-Hatta Tahun 2016.

Kim, N. Y., & Park, J. W. (2016). A Study On The Impact Of Airline Service Delays On Emotional Reactions And Customer Behavior. Journal Of Air Transport Management, 57, 19–25. Https://Doi.Org/10.1016/J.Jairtraman.2016.07.005

Mei Andika. (2012). Analisis Faktor-Faktor Yang Mempengaruhi Kepuasan Pelanggan Pada Minimarket Alfamart Di Kota Malang.

Sugiyono, P. D. (2012). Metode Penelitian Bisnis.

The Jakarta Post. (2015, February). Greater Jakarta: Passengers Angry Over Lion Air Delays. The Jakarta Post. Retrieved From Http://Www.Thejakartapost.Com/News/2015/02/20/Greater-Jakarta-Passengers-Angry-Over-Lion-Air-Delays.Html

Zangmo, M., Liampreecha, W., & Chemsripong, S. (2015). The Influencing Factors Of Customer Retention In Airline Industry : A Case Of Drukair Royal. Asia Business And Economics Journal, 84–92.




DOI: https://doi.org/10.25292/atlr.v1i1.79

Refbacks

  • There are currently no refbacks.


Copyright (c) 2019 Advances in Transportation and Logistics Research

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.

Advances in Transportation and Logistics Research

ISSN: 2622-5778 (online)
Published by: Institut Transportasi dan Logistik Trisakti, Jakarta - Indonesia

ATLR by http://proceedings.itltrisakti.ac.id/index.php/ATLR is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.